Wednesday 25 August 2010

Something completely different

On Sunday a chance to visit the Festival of Quilts.
I admired the quilts from contemporary to traditional,
the separate exhibitions from well known makers,
and groups, from all over the world. I wandered
through the traders' area.   Found there was a lot
of things I didn't need.

One exhibit I adored was the wedding blankets
of the Marsh Arabs of South Iraq.   Camel wool
base, embroidered with wool - chain stitch
using a tambour or ari hook.   They were joyful.











6 comments:

Patty said...

You said you "found a lot of things I didn't need", boy-howdy, I can relate to that!

Thank you for those lovely photos. I don't think I've seen those before.

jude said...

just beautiful

reensstitcher said...

When I reread the catalogue yesterday I realised this was one of the exhibitions I missed! Gnashing my teeth in disappointment so thank you for putting up these pictures.

Tiggy Rawling said...

It was glorious. I had to hunt around to find it, but well worth the effort. I'm sure I missed other things, but the wedding blankets did it for me.

fabriquefantastique said...

love your choice if images. Know what you mean about 'things I didn't need', hardly ever see any new items that excites me.

Eva said...

Grand art!