Friday 9 April 2010

It looks like a greenhouse.....

 

which it is, although now harbouring secrets.



An indigo vat

The weather is unbelievably perfect.   The greenhouse 
is sort of redundant - why not set up a vat methinks.

 
Testing testing - yes, under that metallic purple is
the yellow/green I am looking for.  Ready to go.



First dip - yes, it is looking good. there is still a little more
oxidation to go.  Ten minutes on, as I look out of my 
window this napkin is a really dark blue.

My prepared cloth has been soaking, now ready 
for dipping.  I'm off to have fun in the Bluehouse.

2 comments:

jude said...

oh, grand! can't wait!!!!

Tiggy Rawling said...

Mainly plains at the moment - I couldn't resist! Now I must do some stitch resist etc., perhaps in the sun while I wait for the vat to warm.