Wednesday 27 January 2010

Quiet time

It's been a hectic few weeks, getting the exhibition up
and running, workshops, and I believe somewhere in 
between Christmas celebrations.   An absolute pleasure
to consider the January Journal Quilt.

I had a pile of mono printed, dyed and rust dyed
fabrics piled on my table - as you do - for a day
or two.  They were not talking to me.  Until 4 am
one morning, so I had dash into my room, make
notes and here we have 'On a Winter's Day'


It's a collage of silk, monoprinted
silk organza, net with 'dots' and shisha.
Textured with lots of hand stitching.
The edges, within and without frayed.


Here's a detail


3 comments:

jude said...

a very winter mood.

finestitch said...

I visited Wimbourne on thursday and loved the Rawlings family exhibition. Back home now in shropshire I thought I would google you and am thrilled to find your blog and your lovely work. I am a big fan of Jude at Spirit Cloth too so it is nice to see her comment above mine!

Tiggy Rawling said...

How lovely, fellow bloggers unite. Shropshire is a long way from Dorset, so thank you for visiting our exhibition, and for your kind words.