Sunday 17 January 2010

The Apron - Day 1

Yesterday was spent at the Mill.  The morning in the gallery 
to meet and greet.   The afternoon tie dye flags workshop 
for children. The first outing for The Apron.

Surprisingly it is relatively clean! We won't
mention my hands.


I particularly like these marks


Manipulated cloth spiral. 

When the cloth is dyed it is placed on newspaper.
The image left reminds me of a Charles Renee 
MacKintosh rose.  I have saved papers in the past, 
should consider using white paper.  This time I used
the wet cloth as a printing block.  Nice.

Nine children and my friend Imogen as helper.
No problem, except one seven year old boy who
suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
 Oh yes, he brought along his little brother. Chaos. 
Lots of dripping dye, rubber glove hand prints.
You get the picture. The Apron escaped - magic,
and protective. 

2 comments:

jude said...

i hope you will make something from this when you are done.

Tiggy Rawling said...

I certainly will, at least, that's the plan.