Tuesday 17 June 2008

Dyeing the Green

Ingredients: Two groups of fifteen six year old children
120 squares of cotton
Sufficient emerald green dye
Assorted dyeing equipment

Project: To dye squares for bunting

Time per group: three quarters of an hour



Whoops - a bit of an accident whilst mixing dye



End result - a lovely bundle of green cloth, bound and folded
(I will leave the state of my hands to your imagination - leprechaun comes to mind).

Now all I have to do is wash out and iron.   The making of the bunting will have to wait a week or two.  Plenty of time, it's not required until the end of August for the Irish cultural day at Walford Mill on August Bank holiday Monday.

In the meantime, after a hectic few weeks, Keith and I are off tomorrow for six days on a Greek beach - hoping to take laptop so will post some view of azure seas, golden sands etc.    I am so looking forward to it!

No comments: