Wednesday 12 March 2008

Busy, busy

Workshop day today, teaching Indian Stitchery, which I describe as a crazy Indian sample. Techniques include mirror work, Kantha and Banjara.   A lot to take in.  Some exciting work at the end of the day.  I look forward to seeing finished work eventually!


I have been working my sewing machine to destruction.    Completed my February JQ - Peacocks.   Design based on one of many depicting said bird -'national' bird of Rajasthan.   Fused appliqaue and free machining.  Tick.




Saturday, day off to visit Stitching Exhibition at Exeter.  As Honourable Member of Happy Patchers they kindly invited me to join the coach party.  Ages since I have been to this show.  Happy Patchers (0f Wimborne, Dorset) had their own 'exhibition' and it was excellent.  Such a variety of work and styles.  Well done them.   The venue was a tad cold,  but it was great to meet up with friends from far and wide. 


Back to the sewing machine, but this time only to tidy up.  My March JQ 'Bandanna Breakdown" is 'breakdown' screen printed - using up thickened dyes.   It is heavily hand stitched - my own dyed threads, of course!  Have you noticed that colour is creeping back!




Time to put my feet up, and  consider tomorrow.  A day at Walford Mill with my friends.  Lots of cake, coffee and talk.
Might thread a needle.

1 comment:

Sue Krekorian said...

Wow, has your recent trip fired your creativity or are you always so productive?! I love the peacock quilt, and the lovely new and colourful one. They are joyful to see.