Sunday 3 February 2008

Out and about

This is my favourite travelling companion - Keith, my husband.  He arrived from UK yesterday, so the journey continues.  Here he is posing in the palace with the lake and The City Palace behind.  Oh yes, he is sporting a rather fine Indian haircut.

These children about six and eight have come into the city from a nearby village,really to beg.They are dressed and made up to represent Pravati and the God Hunaman. Hunaman looks really sweet, so at least a few rupee went their way.



The front entrance to the palace - many houses have these wall paintings, 
but this one doesn't have a forest of wires in front of it!

One of the many coloured windows in the palace - just like sweeties

Yet another wedding band

I must thank those who have left comments!   It is nice to know the blog is getting through.  I am gradually getting the hang of it, and it certainly keeps me on my toes.    
The reason I didn't accept the invite to the feast was merely that I do not eat meat!

3 comments:

Data Babble said...

Very interesting journey! Thanks for sharing...

aly may said...

Hi Tig

Have been reading and enjoying your journal. Lovely to see Keiths happy face when I logged on this morning.

aly xx

Barbara Cheeseman said...

I now know what we need to do with the walls in our living room! And the blue in that window is such an amazing colour.